Hosted by: Queens University of Charlotte
Contact coordinator for times
Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation Department (MCPRD) has a variety of park projects where students can assist with landscaping, cleanup, trail building and other tasks; and community events where volunteers can assist with setup and teardown, craft projects, serving food, etc.
Saturday Projects: 9:00am-12:00 noon
*These are one-day projects that are great for groups. Come out and help keep our parks beautiful! All you need to bring are work gloves, a water bottle and LOTS OF ENERGY!
• October 7 at Robert L. Smith District Park, 1604 Little Rock Road, Charlotte, 28214
• October 14 at the Sportsplex at Matthews, 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, 28105
• October 21 at Revolution Park, 2425 Barringer Drive, Charlotte, 28208
• October 21 at Freedom Park, 1900 East Blvd, Charlotte, 28203
• October 28 at Latta Plantation Nature Preserve, 6211 Sample Road, Huntersville, 28078
Nature at Night 2017
Event Location: McDowell Nature Center, 15222 York Road, Charlotte, 28278
Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Event Time: 5:00 – 9:00 PM **Volunteers are needed 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM**
• Morning Shift: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
o Duties/Tasks: Set up of booths, tents, luminaries, supplies, stations, etc.
• Evening Shift: 3:00 – 9:00 PM
o Duties/Tasks: Assist with face painting, crafts, food stations, animal and information tables, s’mores, hayride
• Dress to be outdoors
• Dinner provided for evening shift only
• Goodie bag for all volunteers!
Contact Crystal Dunham at email@example.com
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!