Walk to Bust Cancer
"COVID - Style"
Now, more than ever, women and men need our help in their fight against this disease. We have committed to use the funds that we have raised since COVID-19 to help women and men who have lost their jobs and insurance coverage to get proper screening and treatment for breast cancer. The longer individuals wait for care, the greater the risk of later stage detection and cancer advancing and spreading. This is the single biggest fundraiser for the National Breast Center Foundation. Funds raised with this year’s Walk to Bust Cancer will allow us to provide care that directly benefits our community and far beyond.
What is the Walk To Bust Cancer COVID style?
- Walk in a way that meets personal safety precautions
- Walk where you live
- Walk anytime during the month of October
- Support local businesses and sponsors while raising awareness and encouraging registrations for the walk (stay tuned for exciting collaborations with our supporting businesses, restaurants, exercise studios, and more)
- Angel Wall "wings" - we will have our wings on the move. Find the wings and take a picture to share on social media. Use #walktobustcancer and # name of the business/location. Make sure to challenge at least 5 of your friends to register and walk. Want to know more about the Angel Wall? Watch the insprational video below.
- Do you have a lot of spirit? Creative team costumes? Send us your photos/videos and be eligible for additional prizes!
- Create a Team - raise the most money for WTBC and receive special recognition/reward
- T-Shirts will be available for pick up starting October 3, 2020. Registrations after October 1 are not guaranteed a shirt.
Plan to walk anytime from October 1-25th, during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Join us virtually on Sunday, October 25 for the “Walk to Bust Cancer” official date.
On this date, we will broadcast our program via several social media platforms. You can tune in to join our mindfulness meditation, exercise warm-ups and watch both live and recorded feeds from your fellow particiants.
We can't wait to see your creative ideas and to see how you show your spirit for this great event.
- Once you register, you will have the option of joining a team or creating one
- Remember to share you pictures and videos #walktobustcancer
- Shirt pick up to be announced prior to walk
Updates on local events can be found at http://www.walktobustcancer.org/
- October 25, 2020 join the virtual broadcast of the live event--details to be announced
We offer Sponsor Level Giving. The list below explains the levels and what your contribution can do to make a difference.
What your donations provide
Donations may also be made by check. Make check payable to:
National Breast Center Foundation.
Please mail it to:
PO Box 7257
Alexandria, VA 22307
If you are supporting a particular participant and/or team please be sure to note that on your check so that proper credit can be given to their on-line totals