PURPOSE: The purpose of the Education and Outreach Committee is providing members with current information and educational opportunities to achieve the level of knowledge and skill necessary to serve the public with competence and professionalism.
GOAL: The Committee goals are a mutual and collaborative process among the appointed members and the community. Goals for any time period should be consistent with the YYSO priorities as stated in the Strategic Plan and other board documents or statements. They must also be within the limits of the operating budget of the YYSO. Generally, the Chair and committee members will help the symphony:
1. Act as a conduit for information to and from the board with regard to the interests and concerns of a defined group of members and, in doing so, foster and encourage membership among that group;
2. Increase involvement & enthusiasm for the symphony among the relevant group of members and other constituents with like interests who may not be members;
3. Identify member volunteers
MEMBERSHIP: Membership is open to YYSO Board of Directors, YYSO Parents, Educators, Professional Artists, and Alumni.
COMMITMENT AND TERM: We ask that all committee members attend and actively participate in preferably all, but no less than 80% of committee meetings, whether in-person or by conference call, and make at a minimum, a two-year commitment to serve.
- To develop and implement programs and activities which will provide members with the opportunity to achieve the level of knowledge and skill necessary to serve the public with competence and professionalism
- Review and analyze current outreach strategies and determine effectiveness and potential for continuation or enhancement
- Provide input and create framework for new programs
- Oversee and examine progress toward program goals and objectives on a consistent basis
- Evaluate and explore opportunities of potential partnerships to strengthen the student experiences
- To create and develop a budget to the YYSO Board of Directors for Education and Outreach Committee activities.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUBCOMMITTEES: None, unless assigned by the Board of Directors
TASK GROUPS: As needed.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!