Hosted by: West Suburban Humane Society
Contact coordinator for times
Basic requirements for joining our volunteer team:
1. Commit to a regular shift (bi-weekly on weekends) for at least one year. Most shifts last two to three hours. A limited number of summer-only shifts are available each summer. See below for more information.
2. Meet our age requirements - you must be at least 16 to volunteer independently. Children aged 12-15 must volunteer with a parent or guardian when working with the dogs. Children aged 10-15 must volunteer with a parent or guardian when working with the cats.
3. Have a valid email address.
4. Attend both an orientation and training.
5. Purchase a volunteer t-shirt ($10).
Interested? Check out more information here: https://wshs-dg.org/get-involved/volunteer
We will work to match your availability with our needs. The process of becoming a new volunteer can take a few weeks to a few months. If you have any questions, please contact the volunteer coordinator at 630-960-9600 x 45 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!