"Spread the word" that the government does NOT provide the wreaths.
Fundraising options include: 3-for-2 or "pay-it-forward" paybacks (WAA returns $5 from each $15 wreath sponsorship to approved nonprofits
MEMORIAL DAY FLAGS
Placements - Sun, 5/24/2020 - 1-3pm
Pickup - Sun, 5/31/2020 - 1-3pm
VETERANS DAY FLAGS
Placements - Sun, 11/8/2020 - 1-3pm
Pickup - Sun, 11/15/2020 - 1-3pm
Mon, Nov 30, 2020- WREATH SPONSORSHIP CUTOFF
This is cutoff for the tax-deductible wreath sponsorships ($15 each) so that the loading of live wreaths can begin at WAA-HQ, so over 600 volunteer truckers can begin their delivery across the nation.
WREATH PREP - Fri, 12/18/2020 - 10am to noon (estimate 2 hrs)
• Unloading and staging wreaths (345 boxes - 9 wreaths/box)
• Last year the 53-ft truck parked on Comal Street (there is an entrance there)
• As we get closer, the cemetery will confirm volunteer parking.
• Please bring gloves and wear comfortable shoes.
WREATH PLACEMENTS & CEREMONY - Sat, 12/19/2020 - 11amCST (to coincide with WAA-Arlington at noonEST and over 2,150 locations nationwide)
• WAA Ceremony (30 min) begins,
with wreath placements to follow (estimate: 1 hr - total: 1-1/2 hours)
• People should plan to arrive beginning at 10:30amCST to allow for parking
WREATH RETIREMENT - Fri, 1/1/2021- 10am to noon (estimate 2 hours)
• Picking up the wreaths
• Please bring gloves and wire snippers
• The 5 dumpsters will be located by Navasota Street entrance
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!