About Historic House Education Volunteer
Wornall Majors is seeking energetic, history-loving volunteers to assist with its children’s programs. Volunteers will help students step back in time on field trips and put smiles on the faces of day campers. Depending on the volunteer’s comfort level they can lead activities or assist staff members. Opportunities are available at both the Alexander Majors and John Wornall Houses. In particular, we are seeking extra hands to make our summer day camp a memorable experience. Help us take history a step further than the classroom by assisting Wornall Majors’ youngest visitors.
Position duties (vary depending on event and volunteer desire):
• Ensure a safe environment for children by providing extra hands
• Help students think through historical information
• Assist students during craft activities
• Run educational games
• Conduct house tours
• Have fun!
Time commitment and schedule:
• Flexible with a varying number of opportunities available each month
• Both weekday and weekend shifts available with most events occurring Friday afternoons
• Weekly Friday spots available June through August
• Volunteers are asked to commit to at least two events per year
After completing a background check, volunteers will attend a one-hour training session focusing on the history of the houses as well as our goals for children’s events.
Wornall Majors Volunteer Manager
A background check will be performed once the volunteer is on-boarded.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
We're looking for volunteers who:
- Arts and Culture
Are a skilled:
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!