As with most non profit organizations, our capacity to meet our mission relies on the support of many volunteers. In service to more than 7000 animals each year and more than 600 animals in sanctuary, WRR is a large, thriving organization. Our Helping Hands provide assistance with basic tasks from addressing mailings, to set-up at events to laundry duties such as washing & folding clean bedding from animal cages.
Helping Hands Volunteers shifts are flexible and usually project or event based. Notice of volunteer shifts for Helping Hands are posted and emailed at least two weeks or more in advance of the need. “Special” volunteer opportunities such as committee chairs for our annual fundraiser or presenters at educational events may be on-going and span across several months. There is a special Helping Hands module for families with children over 12 years of age.
- Minimum of one 4-hour shift twice a month
- Initial volunteer orientation
- Donor Appreciation – Writing thank you notes
- Merchandise & Mailings
- Fundraisers – Committees & Day of Volunteers
- Education & Information Events – Setup & Presentation
Family Volunteers: (age 12 to 17 with parent/guardian)
- Laundry Room – Washing & folding of animal bedding
- Animal Enrichment – making “toys & treats” for animals
- Companion Animal Socialization – walking or petting dogs and cats
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!