RSVP enables caring, active adults, ages 55 and over to participate in their community through significant volunteer service; allowing them the opportunity to utilize their energy, creativity, and experiences to make worthwhile contributions to others, for many, after their professional careers have ended.
RSVP volunteers are covered by supplemental insurance, receive training, and an annual recognition luncheon is held to formally honor active volunteers. Anyone 55 years of age or older interested in helping on a regular basis is welcome to join RSVP. Volunteers assist nonprofit organizations and public agencies, helping children and community organizations.
RSVP is sponsored locally by Volunteers for Community Impact and largely is funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service. Opportunities are now available to RSVP volunteers in Orange, Osceola,
and Volusia counties.
Opportunities available to RSVP volunteers, include:
• School Readiness: helping 3-4 year old children enter Kindergarten ready to read
• Mentoring for Educational Success: being a positive role model for at-risk students between the ages of 7-15
• Disaster Preparedness Planning: helping write and guide small businesses and nonprofits in need of a disaster preparedness plan
• Human Needs: serve meals and provide counseling services to homeless and needy individuals
• Hospital Support: assist in providing clerical and non-clerical duties, including assisting and comforting patients
Log in to see who is volunteering for RSVP!