Adopt a Family gives individuals, families, business and industry the opportunity to serve hard-working and self-sufficient families who have verified financial emergencies caused by adversity beyond their control. The families and their needs are listed below. Please understand the family’s name is not included out of respect for their privacy. Please note that this is not an application process. All families are pre-determined.
If you would like to adopt one of the families, follow these instructions:
1. Deadline to Adopt: Friday, December 14, 2015
2. Do not call WCBI.
3. TO ADOPT… look at the list of families available for adoption here http://www.wcbi.com/adopt-a-family/
Find a family that your family or group will be able to financially manage to get something on each person’s wish list within that family. Then send an email with the family number to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662-328-0943/cell 662-570-9045.
4. To avoid duplication, families will be given to the first request made for that particular family.
5. If you see a particular family you would like to assist but would like to financially share in purchasing that family’s wish list with another group, please let us know and we will attempt to team you with another group.
6. Gifts should be UNWRAPPED. If you plan to wrap your gifts, you MUST communicate this to United Way so that we give some specific instructions regarding wrapping.
7. Gifts should be delivered Monday-Friday between 9:00am-3pm to 223 22nd St N, Columbus, MS the week of December 18, 2015 DEADLINE FOR DROP OFF OF GIFTS IS DECEMBER 18th **If you plan to wrap your gifts, please communicate this to the United Way’s Volunteer Columbus before delivery. **Please note that this is not an application process. All families were pre-determined prior to publication of this notice.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
Log in to see who is volunteering for Adopt-A-Family!