Now is not the time to reduce funding to our community's vital programs.
We would love to say that we are on pace to meet this year's goal of $2.1 million, but unfortunately this is not the case. After looking at the support that will be received through the end of this year's campaign, we are projecting a $100,000 shortfall.
It is crunch time and we are calling on individuals like you to be part of one last push for United Way.
With your help, we know we can raise the additional funds needed to close the gap. Remember, money raised here, stays here in the Valley and Greater Utica area and helps 1 in 4 local individuals, children and families.
What may happen if we do not close the gap?
If we do not reach our goal and make up the shortfall, opportunities that are vitally needed will not be available and our community impact will be greatly lessened.
How can you help us "Close the Gap for United Way?"
- If you haven't made a gift, please do it today!
- If you have made a gift, consider stepping up and giving just a little bit more this year.
- Help us get the word out by telling your friends and family about the difference United Way is making in the Valley and Greater Utica Area and encourage them to make a gift today!
BUSINESSES, ORGANIZATIONS & GROUPS
- If your group hasn't made a gift, please do it today!
- If your group has already made a corporate gift, consider increasing it a little bit more this year.
- Consider doing a quick fundraising event at your business – An extra $500 from our corporate and workplace partners will go a long way in helping us close the gap!
- Offer to match whatever your employees raise during the "Close the Gap for United Way" fundraising push.
QUESTIONS? Contact Kristyn Bucciero at 315-733-4691, ext 232, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prefer to send a check? Mail to: United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area, Attn: Close the Gap, 201 Lafayette Street, Utica, NY 13502.
Thank you for helping United Way take full advantage of matching gifts!
May 17, 2017
To date, you have helped raised over $15,000 dollars including funds from the two $5,000 matching gifts generously provided by Central New York Labor Council AFL-CIO and CONMED Corporation!
We can not thank ALL who donated and these AMAZING organizations enough for their tremendous generosity and support to help close the gap! You all have truly demonstrated the spirit of what it means to LIVE UNITED!
CONMED Corporation has agreed to match donations up to $5,000!
April 28, 2017
Thank you, friends! To date 29 donors and Central New York Labor Council AFL-CIO’s matching gift has raised $4,300 in support of the Close the Gap for United Way fundraising campaign.
Please help us take full advantage of another generous $5,000 matching gift offered by CONMED Corporation. Every gift will be matched dollar for dollar if you give now!
THANK YOU to all who have donated so far and please help us spread this message by sharing with your colleagues, family and friends!