Hosted by: Volunteer New York!
The Community Emergency Preparedness Corps (CEP Corps), an AmeriCorps program implemented by Points of Light, creates disaster resilient communities by increasing preparedness of individuals and families through volunteer engagement. CEP Corps members will serve 10-month terms beginning in January 2014. CEP Corps members will provide direct service and train volunteer leaders to recruit and educate teams of volunteers to:
1) Improve preparedness of individuals and families through local collaborative volunteer projects, service events, and trainings resulting in personal preparedness plans.
2) Expand Local Preparedness Networks and community capacity to respond to disasters by strengthening partnership networks while building a corps of trained volunteer leaders with specific focus on managing unaffiliated volunteers in emergency situations.
3) Support long-term recovery and sustainability by increasing organizational capacity to help individuals and families prepare and, in the case of disaster, more easily respond and recover from current events.
Please consult complete listing located on our website at
Number of Positions: 1
Send resume and cover letter to Damian Morales, Director Disaster Programs via email (email@example.com)
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Have a college degree or attended some college, have a high school diploma or GED.
• Have served no more than two terms in an AmeriCorps state or national program.*
• Agree to a criminal background check
• Be able to participate in the Community Emergency Preparedness Corps Training in Atlanta, GA on January 15-16, 2014
• Be able to begin service on January 17, 2014
Previous experiences with service, training, or leadership development strengthen candidacy.
* Individuals may receive no more than the value of two full time education awards. If you have received the equivalent of more than one full time education award, you are eligible to serve and receive a discounted award.
Average Time Commitment: 40 hrs per week
Log in to see who is volunteering for Community Emergency Preparedness Corps Member!