Hosted by: Sally Kate Winters Family Services
Contact coordinator for times
Sally Kate Winters Family Services' Transitional Living Program (TLP) provides shelter, skills training, and support services to youth ages 16-21 on a first come first serve basis. The purpose of the program is to help participants who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or who need transitional living services in order to become independent to achieve self-sufficiency. The program is completely voluntary and there is no cost.
Participants in the program are expected to abide by all program rules and guidelines and make consistent effort toward their goals as set forth in their individualized action plans in the areas of employment/vocation, independent living skills, education, and mental and physical health. Services will be provided by Sally Kate Winters Family Services staff as well as community-based agencies and organizations that TLP staff will refer clients to.
We are searching for Peer Counselors to participate in the Transitional Living Program
• Assist the needs of TLP participants in making a successful transition into young adult settings.
• Responsibilities and Duties
• Assess and monitor
• Participants’ life skills, academic abilities, etc.
• Conduct peer mentoring on a personal growth issues
• Acquaint participants with resources available (educational, work related)
• Conduct individual and group peer advising
For more information contact Shelbie Gordon at email@example.com or (662) 494-4867
Volunteers must go through a background check.
• Must be sensitive to participants needs and be able to work with a diverse population
• Must possess active listening and problem solving skills in counseling people that are their equal
• Upperclass standing
Log in to see who is volunteering for Peer Counselor for Transition Living Program!