The SAFE Alliance is a merger of Austin Children's Shelter and SafePlace. At SAFE, we work to stop abuse for everyone by providing safety, stability, and healing for children, adults, and families in Central Texas. SAFE works to the break the cycle of violence and abuse that so often occurs across generations.
We do this in three major ways:
• By providing shelter and housing for immediate safety
• Through holistic support services for healing and stability
• Through prevention programs that educate and empower people to choose healthy relationships
We serve people who have experienced any kind of abuse, though primarily child abuse or neglect, dating and domestic violence, sexual assault & harassment, and sexual exploitation or sex trafficking. The driving force behind all of SAFE’s programs has always been service to our Central Texas community, and how to best move forward addressing the interconnected issues of all types of violence and abuse.
We do this through services that range from:
• our 24/7 SAFEline that answers 15,000 calls, texts and chats at year,
• to emergency shelter for individuals and families fleeing domestic violence and children who have been removed from their homes and are in foster care
• we help at-risk parents become better parents
• give kids a safe place to go to day care or school at our on-site charter school and day care
• we are Travis Counties’ primary sexual assault clinic and provide forensic exams for those who have been raped
• we are at the front-line for victims of the ever-growing crime of sex-trafficking.
Last year we served over 6,500 people in Central Texas through direct service, and thousands more through community based services. Our community’s support is what allows us to work towards our mission to stop abuse for everyone.