Please support the FOCUS Campus Ministry program at St. Augustine's on the campus of the University of Idaho!
Bishop Peter called for the FOCUS team to be present on our campus and to reach out to all in friendship, which has been a blessing. We have much to show for the first year, including:
St. Augustine’s Catholic Center provides a safe and nurturing environment for all students to relax, pray, and study. We are a safe haven, providing opportunities for prayer, learning and fellowship. It’s an escape from everyday student life, and one that helps cultivate faith when away from home for the very first time in a young adult's life. By staying active in their Church, many students feel at home and tend to accomplish their goals while at college.
· Close to 700 students are registered as part of our Catholic community statewide and are actively involved in leading the Catholic movement on our campuses.
· Hundreds of students attend Sunday Mass and participate in additional prayer experiences like adoration and morning/evening prayer regularly.
· Each campus has reported an increase in student participation in the prayer groups, retreats, sacraments and the music ministry beyond music at Mass (retreats, adoration, other parishes, etc…)
· Students are energized by the ministry and attend the social, community building events like Friday Fiestas, Friendsgiving which are a student led meals after Mass hospitality events and Soup-er Tuesday during the week.
· Vandal Catholics participated in retreats, bible studies, and are involved in discipleship with missionaries where friendships are a big part of the ministry both to bring them into the fold and to keep their interest high.
At St. Augustine's, our goal is for Catholic students to nurture their faith as well as bring students to the faith. “For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” (Ps 107:9)
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO DONATE TODAY! YOUR GIFT WILL HAVE A TREMENDOUS IMPACT ON MANY STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO!