1. Preschool Environmental Education Program (PEEP)volunteer - once a month commitment to facilitate a preschool class on a curriculum based program that involves story reading, craft, garden walk, and snack (90 minutes once a month, Oct - May); right now we need PEEPs volunteers to commit to the following each month :
- 1st Wednesday of the month, around 10 am (at Wing Haven)
- 2nd Tuesday of the month, 9:30-10:30 am (off site at Charlotte Bilingual Preschool)
- 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:30-2:30 pm (off site at Charlotte Bilingual Preschool)
- 2nd Wednesday of the month, around 10 am (at Wing Haven)
- 3rd Wednesday, of the month, around 10 am (at Wing Haven)
- 3rd Friday, of the month, around 10 am (at Wing Haven)
- Day of choice (for a new school) - what works for volunteer's schedule, once a month, around 10 am, (at Wing Haven)
Training for PEEPs taking place Oct 1st, please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4aadac2aa0fc1-peep1!
2. Children's Garden Tour docent - you select the tour date and time that works for you (90 minutes each - as many or as few as you'd like, dates vary)
3. Chicken Team - care for chickens (offered daily for at least 30 minutes), work with chickens during an event (dates/times vary), hang with the chickens during our operating hours in shifts of at least one hour, 10am-5pm Fridays and Saturdays
4. Gardening Team - small garden maintenance, planting, upkeep; time slots a few times each month
5. Story Time - guest reader, facilitate craft and/or activity, work with the chickens, and check-in participants; third Tuesday of the month, year round, 9:30 am - 11:00 am.
6. Events and other programs - general help with crafts, stories, and the like for our seasonal events (times/dates vary)
Log in to see who is volunteering for PEEP!