Hosted by: Pennsbury Manor
Contact coordinator for times
We offer unpaid internships in the spring, summer, or fall to Undergraduate and Graduate students interested in the Museum Field. We understand the value of their work and our responsibility to mentor the next generation of Museum/Historic Site professionals. Each internship is tailored to the student's interests and goals by focusing on a specific project that can be used on the students' resumes.
- Developing interpretive signage for the Kitchen Garden
- Researching artifacts and writing featurette articles for blog
- Researching & designing volunteer recruitment & training techniques
- Creating teacher lesson guide for the "Seed of a Nation" exhibit
- Researching youth volunteer opportunities
- Redesigning and supervising the summer camps
- Developing a medicinal herbs activity for school programs
- Creating press releases and automatic Twitter/Facebook postings
All internships (except in special cases) also include general experience in guiding public tours and assisting with specialty programs, visitor services, and other tasks as needed. This ensures that all students gain a comprehensive knowledge of the daily operations and structure of historic sites, which should help them with deciding their future path in the Museum field.
Number of Positions: 2-4
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your resume.
You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program to be eligible. For non-students, please contact us about our volunteer opportunities.
Average Time Commitment: varies
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!