Hosted by: Parents, Let's Unite for Kids (PLUK)
Are you interested in helping families with special needs? Consider volunteering at the Special Needs Day & Resource Fair, we need help with the following:
• Set Up Crew
• Greeters at the door to welcome guests! (Ask if they have any questions or are interested in particular resources. Point them in the right direction. Hand out swag bags and point out the “Parent Talking Area”.
• Managers of the health assessment lines: direct and engage kids while they are waiting for their turn so parents can continue to browse the resources
• Reef Assistance Crew to engage with and keep an eye on kiddos while parents engage with professionals. (There are Reef lifeguards on duty.)
• Raffle Table Managers: promote the raffle items and sell tickets
• Take Down Crew
What is the commitment? All volunteers agree to:
1. Attend a 1-hour training/organizational meeting from 3-4pm on April 30, at PLUK, 2345 King Avenue West, Ste. B (across from Shopko)
2. Sign up for a shift(s) and duties for the day of the event: 1st shift 12:30-2:45pm | 2nd shift 2:30-4:30pm
3. Duties and shifts will be chosen at the April 30th volunteer meeting.
4. If you want to help at this event and are unable to attend the meeting, please contact me to make special arrangements.
To sign up for this volunteer opportunity, if you have other ideas, or want to volunteer in another capacity please contact Sandy Taylor.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!