Hosted by: Parents, Let's Unite for Kids (PLUK)
Are you interested in helping families with special needs kids? Consider volunteering at the second annual two-day PLUK Family Conference featuring national and state experts in advocacy, education and healthcare. Providing an opportunity to network with other families and professionals and learn the latest information to support & empower your family. We need help with the following:
• Set Up Crew (June 12 afternoon or June 13, 7-8:30 am): assist sponsors, vendors, and PLUK in unloading their materials and supplies and assembling or preparing their areas.
• Welcome Committee: direct them to registration and answering their general questions.
• Daycare and Respite Care: care for and engage with kids while parents and siblings participate in conference sessions and activities.
• Youth Guides: oversee youth and ensure their safety as they participate in conference activities.
• Reef Assistance Crew: engage with and keep an eye on kiddos while parents attend PLUK Awards Reception. (There are Reef lifeguards on duty.)
• Session Attendants: Ensure session presenters have all necessary technical support and contact tech support as needed, distribute speaker gift, distribute and collect session evaluations.
• Raffle Table Manager: promote the raffle items and sell tickets
• Take Down Crew: assist sponsors, vendors, and PLUK in disassembling and loading their materials and supplies.
What is the commitment? All volunteers agree to:
1. Attend a 1-hour training/organizational meeting on: April 30 (3-4pm), May 30 (3-4pm), or June 4 (5:15-6pm ). All meetings at PLUK, 2345 King Avenue West, Ste. B (across from Shopko).
2. Volunteers sign up for a shift(s) and duties for the days of the event at the trainings or by contacting Sandy Taylor.
To sign up for this volunteer opportunity, if you have other ideas, or want to volunteer in another capacity please contact Sandy Taylor.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!