Hosted by: PALNV
Contact coordinator for times
Volunteer Route Drivers support PALNV’s Pets in Need Program by ensuring that our low income families, seniors, and military veteran clients receive food for their pets each month. This job is critical to PALNV operations, serving clients and their pets directly through pet food delivery.
• Deliver pet food and supplies to client homes once per month (minimum). PALNV has weekly delivery routes, serving an average of 10 client homes per each route.
• Prior to your delivery day, pick up client food bags from PALNV’s pet food bank.
• Contact clients on your route a few days prior to delivery to confirm that they will be home when you deliver.
• Be observant and check on clients and their pets to ensure that they are well.
• Complete and submit necessary paperwork for client visits.
• Track and submit volunteer hours to PALNV Volunteer Coordinator monthly.
• Route drivers commit to a minimum of one route (one delivery day) per month.
• PALNV will require a basic background check (paid for by PALNV).
• New drivers will need to submit a completed route driver applications, a 3-year DMV record print-out, a copy of your driver’s license, and a copy of your current proof of auto insurance.
• Volunteers need to attend a volunteer orientation and route driver training session.
Minimum 4 hours per month; including client calls, food pick-up, and client deliveries
Pick-up at PALNV; deliveries to client homes on your route
Importance of this Role:
Route Drivers are essential to PALNV’s Pets in Need Program. Drivers represent PALNV as the direct contact for clients on their route(s) and ensure that they receive much needed pet food every month. This role enables clients to keep their animals in their homes, well cared for and out of the shelter system. This allows for healthy pets and happy clients!
The volunteer application and route driver application are both downloadable off of PALNV's website, www.palnv.com.
They need to be filled out and emailed or sent back.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!