Team Ambassadors are instrumental in the fight against cancer. They are the coach and mentor to a small group of Team Captains (5-10) from the Relay For Life event. Individuals in this role serve as the main point of contact for his or her Team Captains and are an extended support for the team members themselves. They demonstrate a commitment to help teams meet and exceed their team members themselves. They demonstrate a commitment to help teams meet and exceed their fundraising goals, utilize tools and resources, and engage in the mission of the American Cancer Society. The team ambassador must be flexible and adaptable to the teams' needs for information and tools, and their role will ensure teams and participants experience personal satisfaction while contributing to our goal to finish the fight against cancer.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Build relationships with Team Captains and team members year-round (before, during, and after the Relay event). Serve as the primary point-of-contact for his or her teams.
*Identify the monthly venue and method for team gatherings that works for the small group. Ensure regular ongoing communication with teams between meetings including quick response time.
* Have at least one monthly check-in call with team to go over recruitment and fundraising goals and progress.
* Educate teams about the mission and accomplishments of the American Cancer Society.
*Help teams come up with a fundraising goal and ways in which they will meet that goal.
* Work with the fund the cure lead to help provide fundraising tools, ideas, and timelines for fundraising activities for teams.
* Employ year-round, creative, engaging, and personal strategies to retain, motivate, and recognize team captains and team members.
* Motivate, encourage, and recognize teams through mentoring.
* Troubleshoot questions to ensure all Team Captains feel informed, equipped, and empowered to be successful in their role.
* Provide tools to Team Captains to help them grow fundraising, number of team members, survivor engagement, and participation at the Relay event.
* Regularly provide feedback on Team Captains to the people lead of the Relay For Life event and the team ambassador mentor.
* Participate on team ambassador conference calls and meetings, as well as in local Event Leadership Team meetings.
Ensure all teams are knowledgeable and ready for the Relay For Life event by providing logistical guidance.
Log in to see who is volunteering for Team Ambassadors!