The primary responsibility of the ACS CAN lead is to recruit ACS CAN members and engage Relay For Life participants in fighting back through advocacy.
The ACS CAN (American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network) lead educates Relay participants and the community about legislative efforts aimed to eradicate cancer and to recruit a grassroots army of advocacy volunteers.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Ask the Event Leadership Team, Team Captains, participants, volunteers, and community to take action on the Society's legislative priorities and ACS CAN materials and resources
* Ensure that Event Leadership Team includes and considers advocacy education and activation in their plans by including ACS CAN education, celebrations, and member recruitment in their agenda when Relay participants are gathered.
*Communicate and disseminate materials provided from ACS CAN to help raise awareness about cancer-related legislative priorities and to recruit ACS CAN members.
* Be willing to help mobilize relay participants on ACS CAN's legislative priorities, be able to articulate the benefits of becoming a member of ACS CAN, and be sure all Event Leadership Team members and Team Captains can do the same.
* Collaborate with registration lead and accounting lead to track ACS CAN membership forms/fees.
* Recruit Event Leadership Team, Team captains, participants, and volunteers to join ACS CAN.
* Become an ACS CAN member.
* Promote ACS CAN membership and work with recognition lead to recognize current and new members.
Log in to see who is volunteering for ACS CAN Lead!