To assist Development Managers with Bike MS, Walk MS, and The Stand Against MS. Play an active role in coordinating the logistics of the events and recruiting participants.
• Assist Development Department with day of event logistics, which include but are not limited to securing volunteers, permits, in kind donations, confirmation of event space, event vendors and event attendees.
• Assist with recruiting participants through mail outs, newsletters, telerecruiting, face to face meetings, etc.
• Coordinate mass market brochure distribution
• Assist with layout and design of marketing materials relating to the events.
• Assist with pre-event programs such as Kick Off parties, Rallies, Committee Meetings, etc.
• Assist with pre-event preparations such as event routes, signage, registration, etc.
• Provide support in the acquiring event sponsors and general donations.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
• Assist in the preparation of nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Working with Programs staff to reach MS Clients and engage them in Development activities through participation and/or volunteerism"
Initial Impact: The Special Events Intern assist with the planning, coordinating, and event day assistance of various fundraising events hosted several times throughout the year.
Sustainable/Long Term Outcome: The Special Events Intern will provide crucial support to the Special Event area’s major events, resulting in increased awareness, funding, and participation at these events which help the Society to spread the word about MS and to ultimately achieve its goal of a world free of MS.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!