Purpose: To provide event support for the Grand Opening of the Museum of Mississippi History (MMH) and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum (MCRM). Volunteers will assist with information sharing, crowd control, and general support to staff.
The Museum of Mississippi History encourages people to explore and appreciate our state’s history. We present rich and complex stories that illustrate how our shared past influences our future together.
The Mississippi Civil Rights Museum promotes a greater understanding of the Mississippi Civil Rights Movement and its impact by highlighting the strength and sacrifices of its people.
Responsibilities may include:
* Connecting with visitors by greeting and communicating pleasantly and effectively
* Providing on-the-spot customer service to visitors
* Giving clear directions to admissions, store, comfort stations, and other areas as needed
* Show excellence, integrity, passion, and respect while interacting with visitors
* Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and sensitive in sharing the Mississippi story
* Ability to interact with the public while remaining courteous at all times
* Agreeable personality and relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds
* Excellent communication and listening skills
* Ability to easily transition from one assigned role to another
* Be dependable
* Successfully complete all training, including attendance of Grand Opening Day Orientation and Training
* Adhere to appropriate dress code. Except for the 2 Mississippi Museums’ logos or approved messages, clothing with pictures, symbols, and/or wording should not be worn.
* Attend Grand Opening Orientation and Training and participate in this one-time event
* The satisfaction of volunteering at two of the most comprehensive history museums in the nation
* Being part of one of the most historic days in Mississippi history
* Documented volunteer service for work or school credit
* A 15% discount in the Mississippi Museum Store
* All training and training-related materials provided by MDAH
Reports to: MDAH Volunteers Services Administrator
Next steps: Apply online at http://www.mdah.ms.gov/new/interact/get-involved/volunteer-at-mdah/
Contact: Elizabeth Coleman * email@example.com * 601.576.6985 * www.mdah.ms.gov
To complete the volunteer application, visit this link:
Log in to see who is volunteering for 2 Mississippi Museums, Grand Opening Volunteer: Be a Part of History! Saturday, December 9, 2017, Jackson, Mississippi!