Hosted by: Log Hill Mesa Fire Protection District
Contact coordinator for times
Volunteer firefighters are the backbone of Log Hill Fire, and we need men and women to join us. If you are in good health and fit, willing to train so we all stay safe, and are interested in becoming a firefighter, this is your chance.
WHAT ARE OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU?
Every member is a firefighter. We expect commitment, dedication, honesty, and the willingness to try your best to be the best. Our members need to be able to work as a team.
Team work is the only way what we do, can be done. Often we are called upon to work in uncertain areas, perform strenuous tasks under extreme hot and cold conditions. You need to be able to work in an on-call environment and accept interruptions in your day to day life.
To maintain active firefighter status you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age & possess a valid driver’s license.
• Complete thirty-six hours of formal training during the calendar year.
• Complete the Basic Wildland Firefighting Course within two years.
• Complete Log Hill fire department training for structure fires within one year.
• Complete on the job training required to safely perform duties as an engineer on a minimum of two trucks from your assigned station within one year.
• Maintain physical fitness levels necessary to safely perform duties and pass an annual physical capability test.
• Perform vehicle maintenance checks at assigned station.
Contact Asst. Fire Chief Tom Austin via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an information session.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!