The Kellogg-Hubbard Library was established in 1894 to provide books, materials and access to information free of charge and to promote and stimulate knowledge, culture and reading for pleasure for adults and children. The library is a steward of the intellectual energy of the community. The library encourages life-long learning, is a catalyst for the free exchange of ideas and promotes literacy among all people. The Kellogg-Hubbard Library carries on important educational outreach, delivers books and reads stories at day cares, offers summer reading programs, science exhibits, and many other programs. There is nothing more important than community literacy.