What are your kids up to this summer?
Day camp? Family trip? Arts and theater camp? Summer youth sports?
What if the answer was:
“I’m not sure.”
(did you know low income kids lose, on average, two months of reading skills over the summer – and they never get them back?)
Or, “I can’t afford to miss work to stay home, so my kids are taking care of themselves.”
(did you know child self-care increases in the summer, with 11% of children spending 10 hours per week on their own?)
There may be lots of programs available for kids in the summer, but they all cost money. This is particularly hard for low income working families. Kids whose parents are unable to afford day camps or other summer programs are left to cobble together care from family members or friends, or are forced to leave children home alone.
Your contribution will help send children whose parents otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford it, to any of the following summer camps:
- MoCo Arts C.A.K.E & Cupcake Summer Theater Arts Camp
- City of Keene Park and Recreation Center Summer Playground program and city pool passes
- Keene State College Kids on Campus Day Camp
- Brantwood Camp week-long sleep away camp in Peterborough, NH
- Stonewall Farm summer day camp
- Keene Montessori Preschool Summer Camp
- Children's Stage Adventures week-long theater camp
- Kids Connect! Monadnock Conservancy weekly kids farm workshops
- Town of Swanzey kids summer day camp
- Career Exploration Camp Cheshire Career Center week-long day camp for middle schoolers