Hosted by: KENOSIS FOUNDATION
Contact coordinator for times
Women in India face significant gender inequality, particularly in impoverished communities. We aim to help women through economic empowerment and education by giving them the tools they need to build safe and independent livelihoods, to build safe, independent, and better lives for themselves. Many women struggle financially, lack of education and vocational skills. The program addresses by teaching skills that can generate an income, promote creative and entrepreneurship. Many of the women that join the program have been subjected to abuse – either at home or through the prostitution industry.
As volunteer, will make an active contribution to support, empowerment, organize workshops from health and nutrition, lead group and one-on-one classes, prepare and develop lesson plans for the sessions, teach women learn spoken English and computer skills. The program therefore provides an important safe haven for women to support each other discuss personal issues; develop their self-esteem and independence in a supportive environment.
Volunteers will gain valuable work experience, easily transferable to future careers and/or educational opportunities, whilst making a valuable, positive and lasting contribution in this project. You will find the work deeply rewarding as you get a chance to build positive and lasting relationships with the women and make a tangible difference to their lives. Join together and make a difference in the life of needy young girls and women in India.
• Bring hope to the women ,who are deprived and underprivileged rural communities in India
• Help support local women by teaching new entrepreneurial trades
• Make lifelong friendships & unforgettable memories with several women groups
• Immerse yourself in the spirit of Indian culture and customs.
• Gain valuable work experience, easily transferable to future careers and/or educational opportunities, whilst making a valuable, positive and lasting contribution to women’s empowerment across India.
Fill up Volunteering Application Form, Interview, Background Check, and Submission of relevant field certificate, Letter from respective Department, CV, and Passport Copy etc.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!