For over 40 years the Idaho Humanities Council has created and funded hundreds of cultural experiences in all corners of Idaho. With your help, the IHC has promoted greater appreciation and understanding of literature, history, philosophy, law, cultural anthropology, and other humanities disciplines. The humanities play a vital role in shaping our communities by helping us better understand the issues that connect us and divide us. Your support helps foster better communities in Idaho.
As a nonprofit organization, the IHC receives no funding from the State of Idaho, so we need the support of those who believe in civic dialogue, lifelong learning, and improving our quality of life in Idaho. Support from donors like you will help fund:
• IHC’s annual Distinguished Humanities Lectures featuring prize-winning historians and writers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls;
• statewide tours of Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibitions to rural Idaho communities;
• hundreds of Speakers Bureau lectures, library reading programs, and other activities in every corner of Idaho;
• annual weeklong summer institutes in the humanities for K-12 teachers;
• hundreds of activities facilitated by organizations statewide through grant support from and consultation with the IHC—and so much more!
Arts and Culture