About Graphic Designer Volunteer
About How Women Lead
Breaking ceilings, changing the world, propelling women changemakers, that is what you are signing up for when you join our team of global leaders. And we do it authenticity , respect and care for each other. How Women Lead elevates diverse women leaders in the corporate, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors by cultivating a robust network that trains, invests in, and connects women executives who are catalysts in their fields. Founded in 2011, we bring together a network of over 5,000 women to strengthen their leadership tool boxes and networks to effect greater impact in their respective fields.
How Women Lead’s philanthropic arm, How Women Give, provides grants and invaluable connections to women’s and girls’ organizations on the frontlines of today’s most critical issues. In 2017, we became managing partner for the national 2020 Women on Boards effort to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards. In March 2018, we announced the acquisition of the Global Women’s Leadership Network, and will continue its flagship transformative leadership training, Women Leaders for the World.
How Women Lead is looking for talented Graphic Designers to support our marketing and development programs. You will be involved in creating brochures, reports and
materials for key events. The Graphic Designer may also be asked to develop templates for
event flyers and newsletters.
Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Provide concepts, mockups and final materials for a wide range of marketing,
promotional and fund development design needs
• Rapidly execute projects with strong attention to detail, consistency and craftsmanship
• May be asked to translate Photoshop files into HTML, PDF and other formats for use in
online marketing channels
• Support additional website, product and design efforts as needed
• Expertise with print design, graphics production, and relevant design and production
tools (i.e. PhotoShop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, DreamWeaver, or equivalents)
• Knowledge of Canva.com (is a plus)
• Excellent project management skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
• Effective communicator and troubleshooter
• Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
• Computer with relevant graphics, design and production tools (software applications)
• Minimum of 3-5 hours a week (depending on project) for a minimum commitment of 6-months
• Flexible hours
• Can work virtually
This position is a volunteer position
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30., 2018. Please write “Graphic Designer Volunteer - YOUR NAME” in the subject of the email. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a volunteer position.
Log in to see who is volunteering for Graphic Designer Volunteer!