The Houston SPCA has hundreds of volunteers who dedicate their time to make a difference in the lives of our shelter animals and our community. Without these caring individuals we could not continue our mission to promote the commitment to and respect for all animals and free them from suffering, abuse and exploitation.
- All potential volunteers must be at least 16 years old at time of application.
- Must be able to commit to 8 hours per month for at least 6 months.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $40 for adults or $25 for youth (16-17 years old).
- All applicants 18 and up must complete a background screening.
- Must have consistent access to internet and email.
- Must have the willingness to complete all necessary tasks within a specified volunteer area.
- Must be able to work well with others as all volunteer positions work directly with staff, volunteers and the public.
All new volunteers will be considered a trainee and complete their first 20 hours in one of our four direct animal care areas:
- Large dogs
- Small dogs
- Small mammals
After 20 hours are accrued, volunteers will be eligible to apply for additional volunteer opportunities.
Click the link below to complete the application:
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!