Goodwill of southwestern Pennsylvania is looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers to help us teach a range of digital literacy classes to residents who lack an internet connection, home computers, and the knowledge of how to benefit from using them. These skilled volunteers help to teach existing classes and curricula, as well as developing new and creative courses to attract and motivate individuals to learn digital skills for improving their social and economic well-being. Duties include learning, practicing, and teaching classes at our workforce development center.
Classes will be held at our Lawrenceville office at 118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
• Teach digital skills and practical technology classes.
• Maintain the computer labs and charging of student laptops and management of printing supplies for student projects.
• Provide a safe and orderly learning environment in the classroom.
• 4 to 5 hours a month for a minimum of 6 months.
• We can work around your schedule - times are flexible.
• Weekday regular business hours; or evenings
• Experience working in a non-profit organization
• Teaching Experience
• Volunteer Recognition Events (i.e., socials, certificates of appreciation, and thank you cards)
• Knowledge of basic computer, internet, G suite, and Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to work in a one on one/group setting
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Exhibits genuine enthusiasm and empathy working with both staff and clients in the nonprofit sector
• Flexible to work occasional evenings or during business hours
• Must pass Background Check
• Must be at least 18
• Must attend Orientation and Training session
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!