Summer internship available. Date-range to be decided with interns.
To further the mission of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula (HMFM) by assisting with fundraising events, marketing, social media awareness, and development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize HMFM’s online presence via email, social media, community events, etc.
o Facebook & Instagram & Twitter
· Assist with the logistics and marketing for fundraising events, including sponsorship recruitment.
o Pint nights
o 4th of July
o Harvest Festival
o Book Sale
· Provide support for on-going development activities including program research, growing sponsor program, and member marketing.
· Continue visitor data surveys and inputting into visitor registers.
o Compile data and enhance templates for future use
· Design and schedule Mail Chimp e-newsletters.
o Monthly newsletters and others as needed
· Develop social media marketing, recruitment, and event updates for events including Facebook updates, tweets, and Instagram posts.
· Manage participant and donor data in software programs.
o Input data and assist with list cleaning
· Develop and manage fundraising programs.
o Including setting up fundraising events throughout the area.
· Attend and participate in event related activities and meetings.
· Attend and participate in business networking events and meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must:
· Self-motivate, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as problem solving abilities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Moderate experience working with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter).
· Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Have regular and consistent computer and internet access, including the ability to work online.
· Possess a valid driver’s license as well as the ability to travel as needed to perform duties.
Ability to stand and/or work on a computer for long periods of time; walk up and down stairs multiple times throughout the day; and lift at least 35 pounds.
Work Schedule/Time Commitment:
Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, approximately 10-20 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to schedule. Some job duties may be done from home, but weekly meetings with HMFM staff will be required.
Spring Semster with the ability to continue into the summer.
Stipend: This program will include compensation to be discussed with Development Officer
Responsible to: Development Officer
Contact Jessie Rogers at email@example.com
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!