Friends of Lake Cascade is a grass roots conservation group of volunteers with the goal of improving Lake Cascade's water quality.
Why We Care
1. Cyanobacteria is a Human Health Hazard (i.e. Toxic Algae Blooms).
2. Blooms decrease Drinking Water quality and Recreational Use.
3. Blooms are harmful to Pets, Cattle, Wildlife and Fish.
4. Blooms are detrimental to the local economy and property values.
5. Nutrient pollution increases aquatic plant growth.
6. Blooms create green aesthetics and foul odors
7. Concern about the legacy we're leaving for future generations
We Care About