The FAC is currently seeking a volunteer IT Guru and Database Management specialist to assist with maintaining the organization’s data maintenance and retrieval through a variety of methods. Among other tasks, this person will work with the migration of data from Access databases to a cloud-based platform.
The volunteer will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Assess current database management techniques and recommend process improvements that are both efficient and cost-effective.
2. Maintain accurate databases of participants, vendors and key contacts for events
3. Assist the volunteer-based IT committee in planning and executing the database migration, providing necessary QA assessments during the process.
4. Communicate effectively with members, board and media, via phone and in person
5. Other tasks related to organization activities, as assigned
Interested candidates should possess:
• Enthusiastic, positive and creative approach to projects
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of database management and IT best practices
• Solid demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
• Interest in promoting French language and culture
• Some knowledge of French (spoken and/or written) and social media preferred
Anticipated commitment: 3-5 hours per week
Send email of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!