GEMS is an all-girls group grades 5-12 and ONYX is an all-boys group grade 5-12. Both meet two Saturdays out of the month. All groups will focus on creating and attaining goals, conducting community service, developing positive social and leadership skills, building character and a positive sense of community activism, instilling discipline and drive. All students will generally meet in one large group and then separate for hands-on activities or deeper discussions.
- Ability to commit a year of service, two Saturdays a month for four hours.
- Engage students in social and community activities to support civic and personal growth.
- Assist with lesson planning, attend outings and events designed to spark discussion around professional, political and community issues.
- Assign homework and projects to reinforce ideologies and at-home/real life application.
- Cultivate youth professional skills, introduce youth to community service opportunities, instill a positive sense of self. Serve as a supportive and encouraging role model.
Background investigation and criminal history clearance is required to work with our youth.
Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!