New Fundraising Resources for COVID-19 Crisis Relief

Volunteer in Nepal

Hosted by: Conscious Impact

Date

Ongoing Opportunity

Time

Contact coordinator for times

Contact

Beth Huggins
info@consciousimpact.org

About Volunteer in Nepal

8a9098fb445bdea675c9494630e7e3b8389ac6ce

LIVING IN COMMUNITY, SERVING COMMUNITY
Since the very beginning our work has been dependent on our network of compassionate volunteers from all over the world. We've built bamboo structures, retaining walls, produced and moved thousands of bricks, dug hundreds of holes for trees, made paper mache masks at the schools, and rammed earth into some of the strongest structures around. Our daily work is as diverse as the community we live in.

Our volunteer community varies from 20-50 people at any given time. Just as we serve Nepal, we serve each other. We take turns cooking meals, doing dishes, cleaning up our communal spaces, teaching workshops, and trading massages or chocolate.

Each month we host a 10-day volunteer program. Whether you are joining us for two weeks or two months, we ask that you arrive on one of these dates if you are interested in lending a hand.

GIVE BACK
Our project is funded almost entirely by the fundraising efforts of our volunteers. We don't have any large grants or a billionaire CEO - in fact, we are all volunteers!

We ask each volunteer to support the project with a $750 CONTRIBUTION.

Approximately 75% OF ALL DONATIONS GO DIRECTLY TO OUR PROJECTS. The remaining 25% enable us to buy food, rent the land we live on, and pay for other volunteer-related expenses.

We encourage everyone to reach out to their network and fundraise to support the project. It is easier than you might think! If you are in a position where you feel unable to fundraise or donate but are still passionate about joining us in Nepal, please mention it on the volunteer form or when speaking with a member from our team.

HIGHLIGHTS
➥ 4-7 hours of diverse service work/day
➥ Community Living
➥ Delicious Vegetarian Meals
➥ Cultural Immersion
➥ Intention Setting
➥ Simple tent living on old rice terraces
➥ Occasional Yoga, Morning Meditation, and Chanting (depending on the presence of a teacher)
➥ Airport Pickup and Transportation to Takure

Visit https://www.consciousimpact.org/volunteer to learn more! If you wish to stay longer at our project beyond 10 days, we accept volunteers for any duration of time within our operational 10 month season. The $750 fundraising contribution remains the same regardless of the amount of time you wish to stay.

Application Process

Fill out our volunteer form at www.consciousimpact.org/volunteerform and select one of our schedule program dates of arrival.

Family-Friendly

Parents and children are invited and encouraged to get involved.


We're looking for volunteers who:

Care about:

  • 79c7036400bb9eb1f416142d84e3eea833cc3fa7
    Disaster Relief
  • Fd7bdd84187c69a4fe35ef2f640bbb18600dde33
    Environment
  • 5a269b1dda104859e031f336d6465d456c1449c7
    Education
  • Ef42ff53bdcc67fe0d621737057f1c5f27eb2252
    Arts and Culture
  • 35928c68d401cabe2a1c4485fd2cd578d78f697b
    Youth
  • C691385ff84d64a1f9b1102976d0a7edad464159
    Community Advocacy
  • 350e9da0947c2a8a6ecc99755dba0ae16dc43a19
    Homelessness & Housing
  • 8d0ee553970abcbf7587f1ea63df9c7a97e87f59
    Women's Issues
  • 100355ddbc3d5ed0a86bf5eba1296068b0b537a1
    International

Are interested in:

  • Fitness
    Fitness
  • Cooking
    Cooking
  • Fun games
    Fun & Games
  • Music
    Music
  • Reading writing
    Reading & Writing
  • Gardening
    Gardening
  • The outdoors
    The Outdoors
  • Geeking out
    Geeking Out

Volunteers (0)

No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!