Starting at 1 pm at Diamond Point Park in BemidjiYou can bring your dog, or sign-up to walk a shelter dog. By participating you will be supporting the missions of two great organizations, the Beltrami Humane Society and the American Cancer Society. All proceeds raised will go to both Beltrami Humane Society and the American Cancer Society.
This year’s event will feature a cancer survivor’s story, a K9 presentation by the Sheriff’s Department, a pet photo contest, multiple pet related vendors, hot dogs and chips, and of course, a beautiful walk alongside Lake Bemidji.
The cost to register is just $25. With your registration you will get a free gift bag with lots of pet related coupons and other items. We also encourage you to raise pledges from family members and friends. Let others know that you believe saving companion animals is important and give them a chance to support you. Plus, the top pledge collectors will win great prizes.
12:30 pm – Walk up registration, arrival of participants
1 pm – Cancer Survivor Story
1:15 pm – K9 Presentation
1:45 pm – Walk begins
2:45 pm – Demonstrations - Flyball, Dog Agility, Veterinarian Talk
3:00 pm - Pet photo contest winner announced, Top pledge collectors announced
Pet Photo ContestBring your favorite photo of your pet - dog, cat, hamster, bird, or anything else, and share it on our pet photo board. Participants in the walk will then be able to vote for their favorites. Our friends at Bemidji Veterinary Hospital will be helping run the contest. The top vote collector will win a Free Pet Photo Session from Photography by Trish!
- All dogs must be leashed and vaccinated.
- Please do not bring a female in season.
- Dogs only please – but signs or photos of your cat, bird, snake, fish or other companion animals are welcome.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied on the walk by an adult.
- Walkers must be able to control their dogs and are responsible for cleaning up after them. Plastic bags and paper towels will be provided.
- Please no rollerblades, bicycles or skate-boards.
Thank you to our Sponsors
And the Thrivent Financial Action Team is a sponsor. Plus, the staff from Bemidji Veterinary Hospital will be helping at the event too.
Start fundraising for the Walk for Animals/Bark for Life!
- Click "Register" and fill out all of the registration info needed.
- Once you're registered you will see a confirmation page click the "Start Fundraising" button.
- Tell your story and upload your own image that represents why you care for our cause.
- After you complete this step you'll land on your very own fundraising toolkit! Follow the steps and invite your family and friends to also become fundraisers!