Want to put your mental health license to use when volunteering? Become a Reconnection Workshop Facilitator or oping with Deployments Instructor .
The American Red Cross is dedicated to supporting service members, veterans and their families to manage the stresses of military life. Our Reconnection Workshops enhance the likelihood of positive reconnections among family members, as well as the successful reengagement of the service member in civilian life, by increasing resiliency and developing additional sources of support. Workshops are free and offered in small groups by licensed mental health professionals. Apply by going to redcross.org and clicking on volunteer.
• Facilitate small-group workshops with a focus on resiliency skill building for service members, veterans and their families
• Willingness to support the Red Cross mission
• Facilitate at least two workshops per year
• Masters-level or higher mental health professional degree with independent, unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling/Psychology, Nursing (APN or CS in Mental Health area), or RN's who are board certified in Psychiatry/Mental Health Facilitators interested in facilitating a workshop for military children must have experience working with children, adolescents or families
• Personal or professional experience with military a plus
Please visit www.redcross.org and choose Volunteer at the top of the page. This will direct you to the application! You may enter your zip code to see all opportunities in your area.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!