Hosted by: American Red Cross of Michigan Region
Contact coordinator for times
Want to put your mental health licensure to use when volunteering? Become a Mind-Body Workshop Facilitator.
The American Red Cross is dedicated to supporting service members, veterans and their families to manage the stresses of military life. Through the creation of Mind-Body Workshops, the Red Cross teaches easy-to-use skills that connect the body with the mind to help participants cope with stress and trauma. Workshops are free and offered in small groups by licensed mental health professionals. Apply by going to redcross.org and clicking on volunteer.
• Teach Mind and Body healing techniques to military members and their families. This includes techniques such as breathing, body awareness, guided imagery, stretching and movement, journaling, and meditation.
• Willingness to support the Red Cross mission
• Facilitate at least two workshops per year
• Masters-level or higher mental health professional degree with independent, unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling/Psychology, Nursing (APN or CS in Mental Health area), or RN's who are board certified in Psychiatry/Mental Health
• Personal or professional experience with military a plus
Please visit www.redcross.org and choose Volunteer at the top of the page. This will direct you to the application! You may enter your zip code to see all opportunities in your area.
Log in to see who is volunteering for Mind-Body Workshop Facilitator!