Contact coordinator for times
Chapter Board of Directors carry out the mission of the American Red Cross in local communities nationwide by partnering with local leaders to develop and monitor local strategies to deliver mission-related services, raise funds in accordance with the Red Cross goals, and be recognized as the “Face of the Red Cross” in their communities.
The Chapter Board Member
• Is knowledgeable, influential, and highly respected in the community.
• Is willing to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote the entire Red Cross mission.
• Understands the organization’s goals, objectives, and services.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in working with donors, volunteers and partners.
• Has diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
• Exhibits integrity, credibility and has a passion to support the community.
• Demonstrates commitment to the American Red Cross and its values.
• Represents the cultural profile and diversity of the community the chapter serves.
Board member must submit a letter of consideration and/or a resume/CV to the Executive Director or Board Development Committee Chair. A Board Engagement form is completed, along with a background check, and nominees are lifted up the Board Development Committee for approval.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!