Advocate and champion recognition of the volunteer workforce as a key element for retention and satisfaction.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of annual volunteer recognition events (dinners, gifts, give-aways, etc).
• Implement ongoing volunteer recognition.
• Call new volunteers who have been placed and are "in training" to thank them for their continued commitment and survey them for any unmet resources needs.
• Relay unmet needs to volunteer supervisors and provide follow up with both parties.
• Survey and collect stories from volunteer supervisors who have identified exemplary volunteer service in a defined time period (week or month). Example: Supported multiple DAT calls or worked the most blood drive shifts in the month.
• Call volunteers who have been identified by supervisors to offer a personal message of gratitude from the Red Cross.
• Call volunteers who have been inactive for 3 months or more to ensure sustained engagement. Relay any challenges or concerns to volunteer supervisors.
4 hours per month
Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
• Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
• Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
• Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
• Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
• Previous experience with customer service is a plus
• HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
Volunteer Management Team
Length of Appointment
1 year, renewable
The Recognition and Retention Support volunteer receives support, guidance, and encouragement from the Volunteer Management Team. He or she has access to relevant learning opportunities and materials that prepare for and support this role.
Orientation to the American Red Cross
• On-the-job training with volunteer supervisor
• Volunteer Connection Orientation
To become a volunteer with the American Red Cross you would need to complete an application. This application is found at http://www.redcross.org/mississippi/volunteer. This takes you directly to the Volunteer Application page found on the Red Cross website. Completion of the application consists of registering for orientation, reading and agreeing to the code of conducts and policies of the Red Cross, and completion a background check.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!