Plan and schedule volunteer orientation sessions (General volunteer orientation and Youth and Young Adult volunteer orientation)
• Organize logistical aspects of volunteer orientation sessions (posting of sessions, location, materials, AV).
• Lead orientation sessions for volunteers. Orientations can be led in-person or be instructor-led, phone/web-based.
• Record all attendees who attend orientation session in Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system
3-5 hours per week
Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
• Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
• Ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience.
Works in partnership with Volunteer Management Team
Length of Appointment
Six months, renewable
The Orientation Presenter receives support, guidance, and encouragement from the Volunteer Management Team. He or she has access to relevant learning opportunities and materials that prepare for and support this role.
Orientation to the American Red Cross
• On-the-job training with volunteer supervisor
• Volunteer Connection Orientation
Lead volunteer orientation sessions and trainings for new volunteers so they are knowledgeable about the organization and understand the role of volunteers.
To become a volunteer with the American Red Cross you would need to complete an application. This application is found at http://www.redcross.org/mississippi/volunteer. This takes you directly to the Volunteer Application page found on the Red Cross website. Completion of the application consists of registering for orientation, reading and agreeing to the code of conducts and policies of the Red Cross, and completion a background check.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!