Hosted by: American Red Cross
Contact coordinator for times
*American Red Cross: Volunteer Position*
1. Works in a team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
2. Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
3. Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and
communicates those needs to Leadership.
4. Attends regularly scheduled team meetings as required.
5. Commits to being available during assigned shifts, and communicate scheduling conflicts with Leadership.
Committed to the American Red Cross mission.
Remains current with all required training.
Reliable when on call.
Able to follow all standards and procedures.
Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions (poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather etc.)
Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
Strong written/verbal communication skills.
Is able to:
Stand/sit for multiple hours
Walk on uneven terrain
Walk multiple miles during a shift
Work in extreme heat/cold and/or humidity
Spend hours writing
Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Climb two or more flights of stairs
Drive in day/night
Register today by using this link: https://www.redcross.org/volunteer
In all cases please contact: Kristin Pendleton 314-281-7968
Use this link to get registered today: redcross.org/volunteer
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!