Did you know on any given day 38% of people are eligible to donate blood? Do you know how many actually do? Only 8% of people donate blood
We need help creating a positive experience for those 8% of blood donors.
Would you like to help us keep our vital blood donors continuing to donate their blood by joining our volunteer team of donor ambassadors?
As a donor ambassador at our blood drives and/or donor centers help to provide a warm and
friendly greeting, assist with reception and hospitality at blood drives and enhance the blood
donor experience. The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and
encourage to donate regularly.
Great opportunity to meet some incredible people...our blood donors and staff. Also an
interesting way to be part of local companies and organizations who host blood drives.
- 14 years or older
- Training provided
- Flexible hours of 3-4 hour shifts to choose from
- Available blood drives to choose from are typically during the day Monday - Friday.
Weekends and evenings available.
- The schedule to choose from is available 8 weeks in advance
- Locations available to choose from are all throughout St. Louis City, County, St. Charles
County, Illinois Metro East
What Our Volunteers Are Saying:
- “When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m
so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that
I’m recovered.” ~Jackie P.
- “I may not have money to give, but I have time.” ~Taylor W.
- “I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help with those who do.” ~Steve J.
How to get started
- Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Or for any questions or to schedule a personal volunteer consultation contact:
Eli Aguirre, Recruitment Specialist
*Missouri/Arkansas Area Focused *
If you live outside of Missouri/ Arkansas, use this link: https://www.redcross.org/find-your-local-chapter.html
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!