Hosted by: AMERICA SOLIDARIA U.S.
Contact coordinator for times
Sebastian Villarreal Bardet
NOW OPEN!! We're excited to announce our second round of applications for the September 2014-2015 volunteer class!
Application deadline May 30th.
Professional Fellowship projects provide support to local organizations in the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay and the United States.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To date, Latin America is the most unequal region in the world.However, through America Solidaria (AS), Professional Fellows can help create a collaborative effort to change the path.
America Solidaria (AS) partners with local organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean to examine and identify the main problems of the community in order to identify possible solutions. To achieve this, AS seeks Professional Fellows in order to develop effective projects that aim to alleviate poverty and inequality with focus on health, education and economic development (generating employment and promoting entrepreneurship) to benefit children and youth.
No specific background or technical experience is necessary, as each individual volunteer placement will require different specific skills.
The Fellowship is a service-year program, which includes an out-of-country orientation that provides cross-cultural, technical, health and safety skills. With the belief that international communities are pioneers in personal and cultural transformation our Fellows will live alongside other Professional Fellows from participating countries in the communities they serve which ranges from small rural villages to large urban centers.
1) Travel to and from country of service 2) Visa expenses 3) Placement at a Host Organization 4) Housing and monthly living stipend 5) Health insurance 6) Alumni Americas Network 7) Out-of-country two weeks orientation
-U.S. Citizen or permanent resident -35 years or younger -Bachelor's Degree or equivalent -Spanish fluency -Preferably, professional experience in the NGO/nonprofit/social or public sector.
HOW TO APPLY
Applying to America Solidaria is a four-step process:
1. Online Application and Resume: Fill out the application below and send your up-to-date version of your resume. LINK:http://bit.ly/1jMXzNP
2. Letters of Recommendation: Only for semi-finalist. You will need two references to complete the America Solidaria recommendation form. You will be prompted in your application to enter the names and email addresses of your two references, and they will receive the form they need to fill out on your behalf (we will contact them only if you are semi-finalist). We recommend that at least one of the forms be completed by someone who has supervised or managed you in a professional capacity. The second may be from a professional or academic reference.
3. Interviews: All semi-finalists are interviewed by America Solidaria U.S and America Solidaria Internacional Staff: Personal – Technical and Spanish Interview. Skype or phone interviews can be arranged.
4. Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee including America Solidaria U.S. and America Solidaria Internacional staff.
MORE INFORMATION IN: www.americasolidaria.org and www.facebook.com/americasolidariaus. Contact info: Sebastian Villarreal, Executive Director U.S, email@example.com
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!