Hosted by: Alzheimer's Association Mississippi Chapter
Our support groups are open gatherings of people with common needs, problems, and interests who come together to share their experiences, feelings, and thoughts in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of life with dementia. Volunteers are needed to facilitate support group meetings for individuals facing Alzheimer's once a month from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Scheduling is open to change. Volunteers are also encouraged to provide emotional, social, and/or educational support to members in a safe environment.
Volunteer Requirements include:
*Background check required
*Attend the Support Group Facilitator Training
*Attend at least one Advanced Volunteer Training per year
*One year commitment to facilitate monthly support groups within the parameters set forth during the Support Group Training, including record keeping and regular meetings with Association staff
Volunteer Duties include:
* Arrange for speakers/presenters for the group as needed and inform staff in advance of changes in facilitators, time, or location of meeting
* Encourage participants to provide assistance and emotional support to one another.
* Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members, staying informed about Chapter services, Alzheimer's Association mission, Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, and caregiving
* Communicates and collaborate with staff, volunteers, community partners, and the public
* Maintain a high level of integrity, initiative, and diplomacy,and welcoming with people from diverse demographics
Previous experience is preferred, but not required. To volunteer, contact Adina Welker at 601-497-3053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No one has signed up yet, but you could be the first!