Walk for Animals | Bark for Life
This year's event is taking place June 10th at Diamond Point Park on Lake Bemidji from 1 to 3pm. Each year, animal lovers unite for this dog walk along beautiful Lake Bemidji. This annual event encourages participants to raise funds for the cause and join us for a fun day of walking and other pet related activities. It is a fun afternoon filled with learning activities, food, fellowship, and coming together to support both Great River Rescue and the American Cancer Society. Some other activities and highlights this year will include:
- Hot dog, chips, and pop lunch
- Great prizes for our top fundraising individuals
- Announcement of online photo contest winners
- An event t-shirt with registration (register early to guarantee we'll have a shirt for you)
- Animal behavior and training presentations
- Cancer survivor story
- Pet supply vendors
- A Bark for Life bandanna for everyone who preregisters
- And so much more!
GRR 2019 Calendar Photo ContestGreat River Rescue is hosting an online photo contest to highlight adopted and rescued pets and the people who love them. By submitting your photo you will have a chance of getting in our 2019 Calendar which will be printed later this year. Photo submissions will be accepted from May 1 - May 18. Voting will be allowed from May 1 - June 9. The winners will be announced at the Walk. Learn all about the contest and submit your photos here: http://www.gogophotocontest.com/greatriverrescue
- All dogs must be leashed and vaccinated.
- Please do not bring a female in season.
- Dogs only please – but signs or photos of your cat, bird, snake, fish or other companion animals are welcome.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied on the walk by an adult.
- Walkers must be able to control their dogs and are responsible for cleaning up after them. Plastic bags and paper towels will be provided.
- Please no roller blades, bicycles or skate-boards.
The Walk for Animals/Bark for Life is a fundraising event in which participants are encouraged to raise funds by asking family, friends, co-workers, etc. to support our cause by sponsoring them. Through our online partner, GiveGab, it is really easy and fun to raise support. Once you register, you will be given a fundraising page automatically with everything you need to start fundraising. You can also create a team of fundraisers which greatly increases your ability to raise funds.
Please participate as a fundraiser for our Walk/Bark 2018. You will be helping our causes, plus, top fundraisers will win great prizes!
This year we are offering some incentives for various levels of fundraising. Reach each corresponding level to earn a prize:
- Bark for Life Bandanna for everyone who pre-registers
- at $75 you earn a Great River Rescue Water Bottle
- at $150 you earn a special Walk for Animals/Bark for Life Hoodie
- for every $50 earned your name is entered into a raffle for a free Easy Walk Harness, Gentle Leader, Leash or Collar
- $20 until May 1
- $25 until June 1
- $30 after June 1
T-shirts are guaranteed only for the first 40 registrants. Please register by June 1 to make sure you get the correct t-shirt size.
Youth Group Special
All Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Youth Groups, of up to six participants may register for only $30 for the whole group! Groups are strongly encouraged to fundraise for our cause. The top fundraising youth group will win a special prize!