Toyota and BKD Presents
S.O. Connected Virtual Run
JOIN THE VIRTUAL RUN
We would like to invite you to join the S.O.Connected Virtual Run brought to you by Special Olympics Texas and Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR). What is a virtual run? Virtual running works exactly the same as any other type of running but the difference is that the entered race can be run at any location, at any pace, inside on a treadmill or outside in another country! You can run 3.1 miles or walk 2 miles. All you have to do is enter a race and provide evidence that you have done it. (screenshot your results and post on your fundraising page!)
Our goal is to raise $250,000 for Special Olympics Texas and we need your help!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Everyone! The S.O. Connected Virtual Run is open to the public!
WHEN IS THE RUN/WALK
You can participate in this event anytime until June 30, 2020.
T-shirt cut off was June 6th. There is an awesome prize for our top fundraising Team Captain and athlete.
WHAT IS VIRTUAL RUNNING/WALKING?
Virtual running/walking is a way to participate that can be done at any location, any time, and at any pace at the distance of your choice (3.1 mile run or a 2 mile fun walk). You can walk, jog, use the treadmill, run outside, or you can participate in any other fashion. It's completely up to you! You can run your race at your own pace wherever and whenever you like. If you’re working from home or you’re stuck inside with the kids, this is a perfect way to break up the day and enjoy some fresh air!
HOW TO TRACK YOUR WALK/RUN
Use different apps like Google Maps, Map My Run, Nike Running, etc., to determine a 3.1 mile (5K) or 2 mile route near you! You can do this in a group, with a friend or by yourself.
INVITE PEOPLE TO JOIN
You can share your 5K or 2 mile Fun Walk with your friends, family, etc., through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by sharing your fundraising page personalized link.
HOW FAR IS THE RUN?
We will be doing a 3.1 mile (5k) run or a 2 mile walk. Can’t Run 3.1 miles or Walk 2 miles in one day? No problem! You can break the distance up over multiple days to make it more manageable. All you have to do is register!
WE WANT TO HELP YOU RAISE YOUR FUNDS - VIRTUAL FUNDRAISING IDEAS
1. Walk-a-Dog/Dog Wash - Ask 10 of your friends and neighbors to walk or wash their dogs. Ask for a $10 donation to support Special Olympics Texas. You get great exercise and get to spend some time outdoors!
2. Create a your Personal Social Media Fundraiser - Using Facebook or Instagram fundraising functions, create your very own giving campaign by inviting your friends to donate to Special Olympics Texas!
3. Change Drive - Look for loose change in your car and couch cushions. Empty your piggy bank and donate to Special Olympics Texas - and ask your family and friends to do the same!
4. Clean it up, Clear it out! - Clean out your closets and garage and post them to your favorite item sale app. Donate your earnings to Special Olympics Texas, while you enjoy your clutter-free space!
5. Book Drive - Designate a book drop at your home and reach out to friends and family to donate books. Have a book sale and donate the funds to Special Olympics Texas