to Renewal Campaign:
Giving Campaign for The Hartsbrook School
We have been inspired by the “Resilience” of the entire Hartsbrook Community during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic that brought many challenges for The Hartsbrook School. After managing remote learning, we shifted to creating last year’s in-person learning on campus, mostly in outdoor classrooms, while adhering to state-mandated health and safety guidelines.
We believe that Hartsbrook School’s Waldorf education is perfect for our time when child-focused education with a deeper purpose and connection to nature and our place in the world are what children need to grow into healthy, resilient young adults capable of meeting today’s challenges with confidence.
Our Goals Going Forward Are For
“Resilience to Renewal Campaign: Annual Giving Campaign for
The Hartsbrook School”
This year we are asking our community to rise to a high level of response to support our budgeted plans for renewal and growth for the school. We have set our Annual Giving Campaign fundraising goal at $500,000 which, together with tuition revenue, supports our budgeted plans for this coming year.
We are embracing “Renewal” in all our planning as we focus on the needs of building a strong school that is equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century:
- Supporting Teachers and Staff: We are continuing to invest in our faculty and staff with salary increases, 403b (retirement) contributions, professional development and training opportunities. Additionally, we continue to support the addition of co-teachers and teaching intern positions going forward to enhance our teaching resources. Mentoring new faculty is an additional enhancement. These initiatives also help the school retain and hire new faculty as some or our faculty retire.
- 21st Century Children: Increasing our students’ support staff in the 7th-12th grades by 1 FTE will provide additional opportunities to meet individual students’ needs. Increased Health and Wellness staffing, drama and other programs as well as co-teaching for elementary department classes will also form enhanced benefits for students.
- Hartsbrook Community & Tuition on a Sliding Scale: We continue to be mindful of the impact of pandemic-related economic stress on families, so we also seek to provide funding support for the Sliding Scale Model of Tuition Assistance so that families who choose to come to us will have resources to make that possible which bives us the ability to support diversity.
Land Stewardship Program: This program has long offered “place-based education” to bring environmental awareness and the importance of addressing food insufficiency and social justice into their learning.
Help us achieve these goals!
Choose a giving level above or click on a specific team initiative on the right to learn more before donating.
- Choose a giving level above
- Select a fundraiser, ex., "Supporters of Teachers and Staff"
- Select an amount to give or choose your own amount
- You may make this a recurring gift (monthly or quarterly), and you may email directions about the "stop" date of this recurring gift or "pledge" to email@example.com
For more information about all that Hartsbrook is doing, please visit our website at www.hartsbrook.org.