Family Promise's #NightWithoutaBedGV
New Location!: Story Mill Park's Lalani and Davis Pavilions OR Anywhere you want (Virtual)!
In addition to posting on social media, we ask you to challenge a friend or family member to complete #NightWithoutABedGV or make a donation to Family Promise of Gallatin Valley. You can ask 10 people to donate $10 to help you reach your goal of $100. Our goal of $25,000 raised will provide our guests with essential things, such as childcare, gas, transportation, emergency shelter, basic necessities, moving costs and much more. Challenge your community to help local families break the cycle of homelessness and move into a stable home and healthy life!
The reality is, families experiencing homelessness don't sleep in cardboard boxes, they sleep in tents, cars, and a friend's living room floor. Give up your bed for a night to join us in our fight against family homelessness.
Schedule of the Evening:
Between 5:30pm and 6:00pm arrive, check in at registration, and say hello
6:00pm to 6:30pm: set up your tent and get it comfy for the night
6:30pm to 7:30pm: a cook out dinner (burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers and more)
Sundown: The Secret Life of Pets and Popcorn
10:00pm: Lights out (you can leave or stay the night!)
7:00am: Wake up, light breakfast of fruit and muffins, and clean up
8:00am: You're loving having your own bed to come home to!
What is the #NightWithoutaBedGV?
- It's an awareness and fundraising campaign that you can invite everyone to participate in
- Spend the night of September 10, 2021 sleeping without your bed
- Create your fundraising page and raise $100 to support Family Promise by asking 10 people to donate $10
- Post photos on social media to raise awareness
- And ask for support from your community beforehand